Monday, July 26, 2010

The end is near

I can't believe how quickly the summer has flown by. All in all it's been a good semester. I've always liked the shorter term in the summer (although, fortunately our summer term isn't as short as a normal summer session - they can be a little intense). I feel like I've really learned a lot and definitely gained some valuable experience. I am looking forward to taking the entire second week of August off from work to hopefully get a few house-related projects taken care of. We were hoping to take an actual vacation this year, but it looks like a "stay-cation" is in order once again. Neither Derrick nor I will be in class at that time, so hopefully we'll be able to tackle some of the things that we have been neglecting thanks to work and school. That has been the biggest downside of school and work - we have this great old house that we really want (and in some instances, need) to fix up [hole in the dining room ceiling, I'm talkin' to you], but after work and school it feels like there isn't any time or energy, not to mention money, to actually do anything. I am relieved the end is in sight (even if it is only for a few weeks).

No comments:

Post a Comment